As many of you know, here at A Strings HQ we run our own little YouTube Channel (@astringsuk) and have had lots of fun since January 2017 filming and demoing gear. Over the weekend we hit a mini milestone of 4000 subscribers and we couldn't be happier with the channel and the way the videos are being received around the world (even with a Welsh accent to decipher!).
To celebrate, we've selected a few highlights since Andrew, Tom and I started filming as well as linking in our very first HQ video! Cue the cringing.
1. Our very first video: To test the waters we decided to keep it simple, we took the Hughes & Kettner Tri Amp and just played, adding in a drum loop for extra Hollywood sparkle! Check out Tom's 'earthquake' effects too. Rocking!
2. The Holcome/Johnston interviews: We were lucky enough to play host to both Mark Holcome and Nick Johnston as part of our D'addario NYXL clinic and they were kind enough to sit down and chat with us before the event. Here are the videos.
3. Going Viral: Recently we have been blown away by the success of a few of our latest videos, one of which is the 'Ten Times the Tone?' video where we blind test a Vintage Lemon Drop against a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul. Take the test and see what you pick!
4. Out On The Town: If you know us then you know we love Pontypridd and our local area and do our very best to be a positive part of our community. In our busking amp video Tom and I got to get out and film in the local surroundings. Excuse the singing, focus on the views!
5. Strat Attack: One of our most popular videos takes the current line up of American Stratocasters and compares tones, spec and feel. Check it out here:
Thank you to everyone that has subscribed, liked and watched our videos! We love seeing our channel grow and it means a lot to have you guys along for the ride.
I've been Adam for A Strings, BUH-BYE!