Out of concern for our customers and staff, A Strings will be closing its doors today (Monday 23rd March 2020), but we will continue to operate online and from the premises at selected times.
The only way to slow the spread of the virus is to limit all of our instinctive social habits until we’re told it’s safe to do so, and so as a responsible business we want to do our part.
This is how we will work in the foreseeable future:
- The website will take online orders as normal.
- You can use our Click and Collect feature. Place your order as you normally would, we will call or email you to arrange a mutually convenient time for you to collect your goods.
- We can offer a Skype/FaceTime/Facebook appointment with you to demonstrate any equipment you are interested in. Message us on Facebook
- If there is something specific you would like to try, we can arrange an appointment for you to visit the shop at a prearranged time. We would insist that there is no more than 2 people in your party, hand sanitiser (provided) is used on arrival and departure and that if it’s an effect or amp you’re interested in that you bring your own guitar.
- We are looking into the feasibility of operating a local delivery service for larger items. Contact us for more info.
- Suppliers are still sending stock out as it stands so some items are available to order even if we don’t have them in stock, so keep your enquiries coming in.
- Our Service Department will still be operational. Contact us through the website or on email and we can arrange a convenient time for you to come to the shop and book the guitar in as usual. Without exception, the guitar will be isolated for 48 hours (the virus can live up to 36 hours on a surface). Once the work is completed, we will contact you and arrange a collection time at the shop.
- We will continue with our social media output. Adam and Tom are already buzzing with ideas; let’s see what isolation does to them... If you have any ideas or if you’d like to contribute at all, get in touch!
The government has stepped up to help small firms like A Strings in this unprecedented situation, and so in turn we’d like to pass on our gratitude to the heroes of the hour - the tireless staff of the NHS along with Police, Fire and Armed Forces - by offering a blanket discount on all in stock and items available to order while support is being given to us. This isn’t a hard sell promotion, it’s our way of showing our appreciation. Thank you. Get in touch with us to find out more.
Nobody knows how long this is going to last. We’re lucky to have music in our lives as an escape when it all gets a bit too much. If you’re reading this the chances are you use us in some way to create your own music, and we want to carry on serving you for as long as we can. What wouldn’t be right is for us to remain open as normal and jeopardise the health of you and the staff, so we will operate like this until we are advised to the contrary.
Please don’t forget about us! We’re still here and we want to help you as much as we always have done, it’s just going to be a little bit different for a while.
Stay safe and look after each other.
Love, Andrew and the A Strings team.