- Based on Brian’s original ‘Red Special’
- New Trevor Wilkinson bridge design
- New updated Burns 'Brian May’ signature pickups
- Improved aesthetics
Inspired by Brian May's legendary 'Red Special', an instrument that has achieved iconic status and a unique place in rock history, and designed in conjunction with Brian May himself.
The result... a stunning guitar, blessed with superb build quality, awesome playability and an astonishingly rich diversity of killer tones. In fact, it delivers everything you'd expect from an instrument built to the exacting standards of one of the world's greatest guitarists but, in keeping with Brian's vision of a "guitar for the people", with an amazingly affordable price-tag that belies its' superior appointments and performance.
Without Question one of the most eagerly anticipated instruments of the century, the Brian May Signature was originally launched in Winter 2001 to rapturous critical and public acclaim... Guitarist magazine hailed it as "Best Guitar of The Year" and theatre audiences around the globe thrilled to the guitar's sound in performance in the Queen musical "We Will Rock You”.
But the story certainly didn't end there. Working once again with Brian and his long-standing guitar technician Pete Malandrone, House Music has significantly improved upon the guitar's overall construction as well as refining the bridge assembly, electronics, finishing and colour choices. Simply put, the world's best artist designed guitar has just got a whole lot better.
- Mahogany body (with acoustic chamber)
- Pinstripe binding
- New two-piece scratchplate
- Mahogany neck
- 24" scale (Depth: 22m at 1st fret - 24mm at 12th fret)
- 24 Fret Ebony fingerboard (Width: 45mm at 0 fret - 57mm at 24th fret)
- Grover GH305 locking tuners
- Dual truss rod
- Graphite nut
- New bridge
- Brass saddles
- BM Custom Tremolo arm
- 3 x Burns Tri-Sonic pickups, series wired
- Original BM switching system - individual switches for pickup on/off and in/out of phase, resulting in 16 possible tone variations
- Master volume/tone controls