VOTED THE UK'S BEST ACOUSTIC GUITAR 2012
The Venus is the now iconic shape that brought Faith Guitars to the consciousness of so many players over the years. The combination of a 15" lower bout and a slimmer depth of bodylooks to classic OM or Auditorium body-shapes for inspiration, and makes the Venus the perfect compromise.
It is still big enough to deliver a big acoustic performance, yet remains small enough for the player to jump around on stage with no problem.
Faith HiGloss series are designed to offer both visual and aural beauty. Using high grade Englemann Spruce for the top and highly-figured Rosewood for the back and sides, HiGloss models feature solid Flamed Maple binding and Macassan Ebony for the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap.
Tonally, this combination of wood is generally bright and 'zingy', delivering great clarity. Visualising this as a frequency curve, it would be shaped like a smile: high on the bass, dipping down through the middle and rising once again at the top end, lending itself to fingerstyle and solo pieces in particular.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Side Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: High Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman INK3 Preamp with undersaddle pickup
- Hardcase: Included