Building upon the acclaimed Naked series of Faith Acoustic Guitars, these thru-black models deliver the same rich sonic performance you would expect from an all-solid wood guitar, but are enhanced by the special 'thru black' finish and black fittings and hardware.
Using a hand-rubbed stain - rather than a sprayed paint finish - results in a unique look to each guitar. Further to this, Spruce and Mahogany have differing cellular structures, so there is natural variation in the way that the stain takes to each peice of tonewood. This stunning quirk of nature is especially noticeable on the Spruce top, as in some areas, the black stain will be absorbed more than others, creating an individual patina to each and every model: Some will be more uniform black, some will have more wood pattern visible.
In keeping with original Naked series, cosmetics and non-essential dressing has been stripped away, leaving the guitars in their natural, Naked state. Satin finished all over, the tonewood is almost entirely unrestricted in its resonant movement, so the tone delivered is far beyond what is normally expected at this price level.
This FKVBK model is equipped with Fishman’s Presys1 sidemounted preamp system, complete with an integrated tuner. The output is routed thru a jack socket / strap button in the base of the guitar.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Binding: N/A
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 2mm Abalone
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Indonesian Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Faith Precision Chrome
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut/Saddle: NuBone
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Indonesian Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Abalone Dots Finish
- Finish Type: 2 Stage Satin all over
- Electronics: Fishman’s Presys1 preamp with Sonicore pickup
- Gigbag: Included