In the fall of 1950, the world of guitar and popular music changed forever with the introduction of the Broadcaster®, Fender’s first solid body electric guitar with a truss rod and two pickups. A few short months later, a telegram from Gretsch®, owner of the BroadKaster® trademark, ended Fender’s use of the name. For a short time, the word "Broadcaster" was simply clipped off the headstock decal - these guitars are known as "Nocaster®s." Thereafter, this revolutionary guitar was dubbed the Telecaster®. Original Broadcaster models, of which only 250 are thought to have been produced, have become highly collectible.
The Fender® 70th Anniversary Broadcaster celebrates the remarkable origins of one of Fender’s most iconic models. Features include an ash body with Blackguard Blonde lacquer finish, period-correct black phenolic pickguard, thick "U"-shaped neck, Custom Shop-designed Original Blackguard pickups, special anniversary neck plate, embroidered case and a custom COA.
The controls are wired for standard Telecaster operation, while an optional original Broadcaster wiring kit, included in the case, can be installed to replicate the unique "blend" circuit used in original Broadcasters. Production of the 70th Anniversary Broadcaster will be limited to 2020 only.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, '50 Broadcaster "U" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.630” (41.4 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: 1 -Ply Black Phenolic
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Hard Case